Assistant Professor (Research) in Digital Manufacturing
The Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME), Coventry University, UK
Dr. A. Arivazhagan is a Assistant Professor (Research) in Digital Manufacturing, Centre for Manufacturing and Materials, The Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME), Coventry University, UK. His area of research involves Manufacturing Technology / CAD/ CAM/ CAPP/ CNC machining (5/3 axis – ceramics and metals) / Six Sigma / Industry 4.0 / Cyber Physical Integration/ DFMA / FEA for Design & Manufacturing / Software development using C / C++ / JAVA / C#.Net / Python / Cloud & Web based.
He is a mechanical engineer with manufacturing research background and led various academic / post-doctoral positions in the UK universities. This is on implementing Manufacturing / Machining / CAD/CAM/CAPP automation technologies for industries through academia giving considerable research to business impact in terms of cost & lead time reduction. The academia include (i) Robert Gordon University (full time lecturer) (iii) University of Birmingham (2017-2020) (iv) Queen’s University Belfast (2015-2017) (v) Nottingham Trent University (2014-2015) and (vi) Coventry University (2013-2014). With his experience of more than 12+ years he has commendable ‘hands on’ skills broadly covering the following
(i) CNC Machines (3/5 axis) - Milling / Drilling/ Lathe / Machining Centers (Siemens / Heidenhain / Fanuc)
(ii) Metrological machines such as CMM (Carl-Zeiss) and Alicona (3D Light based measurement), Microscopes, SEM etc.
Softwares / ICT Technologies :
(i) CAD/CAM/CAPP usage (Siemens NX, Solidworks, AutoCAD, Vericut etc.,)
(ii) Software development using C/C++/JAVA/C#.Net/Python.
Professional Certification's / Registration's / Membership's :
Dr. A. Arivazhagan is also a 'Six-Sigma Green Belt' for Quality (General Electric (GE)) in Manufacturing Management and a Chartered Engineer / Memeber of IMechE, UK registered with Engineering Council, UK. He has high exposure over the Manufacturing / CAD/CAM/CAPP - Digital techniques / ICT’s involved in various industrial businesses and strong attitude over academic research-based contribution and income generation.
Academic Role (Present - not limited to) :
1. Participation in delivery and development of the School's portfolio of courses including; course delivery and assessment, maintenance of course documentation, compliance with course review and validation procedures, student attendance, course advertising and recruitment, etc.
2. Carrying out designated teaching (e.g. via lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, laboratory work, field trips, practicals etc.) and assessment duties in areas of expertise
3. Actively pursuing research activities (e.g. writing for publication, developing own research, supervising research students, establishing externally funded research projects, presenting at conferences etc.)
4. Engagement with other staff, wherever possible, in consultancy activities relevant to the School
5. Establishing and maintaining relevant professional and industrial links, as necessary, for the effective operation of the School's courses
6. Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate projects
7. Developing and maintaining expertise in subject areas
8. Participating in relevant subject and course development